Seaside Baptist Church
Meeting at 5851 MacArthur Blvd, Ca 94602
Sunday School @9:30a.m. Morning service 10:30a.m.
www.seasidebaptist.com (510)689-6442







Friday, July 22, 2011

Devotions: Choices

The other day I was having devotions with my two daughters one is 6 and one is 4 years old. I am still trying to get the hang of doing this with them. First because of their age, ( explaining things from the bible) second beacause their personalities are so differant (a thinker and a talker) and third I have a 1 year old running around. As I went through the devotion it gives examples and explantions, and questions to ask them about the lesson. EX. Making choices can be hard, what should you do if : your friend is mean to you?, your mom asks you to clean your room?, etc. I explained the bible helps you with verses:"Children, obey your parents" (Colossions 3:20); "pray for one another"(James 5:16); "Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good"(Psalm 136:1). I wanted my girls to know everything they do and say they get to make the choice to do right or wrong. They dont have to be mean back to that person, they can be happy or mad to obey mom and dad, when we are not looking they make a choice to watch that cartoon or show on the tv. It may seem like no big deal now beacuse they are so young but I told them when they are at someones houseIwant them to remember what they have learned at home will be the test when they are not at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment