Seaside Baptist Church
Meeting at 5851 MacArthur Blvd, Ca 94602
Sunday School @9:30a.m. Morning service 10:30a.m.
www.seasidebaptist.com (510)689-6442







Saturday, September 29, 2012

New Friends and a New year for Seaside Baptist

      As we start a new school and our second year of Seaside Baptist Church I was thinking of the new people we have met while we have been in Oakland.  The Chantigian Family at Hopewell Baptist church in Alameda and their church family, Pastor and Mrs. Fong in San Leandro at Heritage Baptist Church.Then our church family, The Denard family, The Ruiz (my cousins)  , The Wong family, (our Landlord). then recently the Lord has allowed us to bumped into another christian family on the girls picture day, The Jensons.  Our landlord has been very kind to us since we have been here every time we try to be a blessing they end up outdoing us :) I give them some fruit they bring bigger and better fruit, they are just kind and love our kids.  They even remind us when its time to move our car for the street sweeper.  My girls do not have the old friends near them as in Stockton but I have told them that when the time is right the Lord will bring them to us. The Chantigian always think me and my girls when they have activities and such. They are just great to be around.  I believe this has also been a time for me to be closer to my daughters. I want us to have friends but I do not us to be close to each other as I have seen other Christian families.
     As we go out and about here in Oakland it makes me want to pray more and have that desire to reach people here. I see many broken families and they just seem unhappy as they try to "be green". I think many people think of Oakland as ghetto but I have found  another group of lost people  here.  Their are those that are trying to give hope to the community with their recycling and clean up programs. They really are about trying to do good but without God.  As we have passed out tracts I have had many look at me with a look of I don't need God or scoff and say I don't need that.  I know that is going to be a tough group to reach. They are the ones that believe they will go go to heaven because they are "good people". They give community hours, donate to homeless shelters,  have food drives and clean the beach. They are lovers of the earth.  It make me think of this verse.  Matthew17: 24-28 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? for the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.     
     
Me and my little sidekicks at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment