Seaside Baptist Church
Meeting at 5851 MacArthur Blvd, Ca 94602
Sunday School @9:30a.m. Morning service 10:30a.m.
www.seasidebaptist.com (510)689-6442







Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mother's Day in Oakand,ca

    "She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27   this is a verse that reminds me of my monther and grandmother. As a little girl I can always see my mother cleaning or decorating, cooking, something. She was never one to just lay on the couch. Serving her family was something she did without complaining. As I think about that I can also see my grandmother the same way. I guess that is where she learned it from.

     My grandmother had 5 girls and 3 boys, I don't think there was time to rest.  As we would go to visit or she would watch us as my mom went to work she had us cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, cleaning beans, raking leaves, picking up the peacans that fell off the tree etc. I remember I would try to get out of doing that work but not all the time. We did complain but I am glad she did that for us.  I remember her many times waving to me to come into her room and have me dust her dresser, i loved seeing all the jewlery and perfumes and knick knacks she had. When Iwas done she would say now lets pray for your uncle or mom or someone the Lord had put on her heart. Sometimes they were short prayers and sometimes they were looong prayers :) but I love knowing that my grandma cared for people even though she was a bit tough and rarely shared loving words. Behind closed doors she would give her heart to the Lord. Not many peopel can say that they had a grandmother like that. Now I have my kids and sometimes we are praying and one will say "get the pillow,  that is what Lola said to to do when we pray."  It brings a smile to my face because I know it will be something lovely for them to remember when they get older.



No comments:

Post a Comment